[Video] Advice for New Functional Capacity Evaluators
As a new FCE evaluator, you are likely feeling so many things before and during your first functional capacity evaluation... Okay, your first FEW evaluations! You may be feeling some combination of fear and anxiety... On the other hand, you may find you were a bit too naive at the start! It will take several evaluations to get the hang of it for sure, though there will always be something new to learn or some curveball thrown your way. In this post, we will be sharing a video with many tips from seasoned evaluators (10 minutes worth!) that should ease some of those first-evaluation jitters.
Matheson Functional Capacity Evaluators in this video include:
- Barbara Harrington, OTR/L, CWCE - People's Injury Network NW - Kent, WA
- Louise Lynch, PT, CEES, CWCE - Injury & Health Management Solutions, Inc. - Colchester, VT
- Christina T. Howe, OTR, CWCE - Independent Evaluation Specialists, LLC - Bedford, NH
- James R. Clouse, COTA, CWCE - ProRehab, P.C. - St. Louis, MO
- Erica Galipeau, PT, CEES, CWCE - Injury & Health Management Solutions, Inc. - Colchester, VT
- Wayne Enright, Reg. OT, BC, CWCE - OrionHealth/Progressive Rehab - Burnaby, BC
- Judy Silva, OTR/L - People's Injury Network NW - Kent, WA
- Mary Beth Plummer, PT, CSFA - MBPT, LLC - Albuquerque, NM
- Min Kyi, OT, CWCE, CDA, DipFCE - Functional Outcomes Rehabilitation Services, Inc. - Vancouver, BC
- James Orrange, OTR/L - Buffalo Ergonomics & Rehab - Buffalo, NY
Are you a seasoned evaluator? What would you recommend to new evaluators?
Are you a new evaluator? What did you find most challenging? or most surprising?
Stay in touch with us on: